Recruitment for Coral Triangle Initiative - March 2016
Under the Coral Triangle Initiative (CTI) on Coral Reefs, Fisheries and Food Security Conservation International serves as the technical lead at the regional (Seascapes Working Group – SWG) and national levels (Indonesia, Malaysia, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Solomon Islands and Timor-Leste) of Goal 1 “Priority Seascapes Designated and Effectively Managed”.
The recently signed series of grants from the Government of Australia include funding for a position to be location in the CTI region to provide support specifically to the SWG Chair as well as the six CTI countries. This position would be based in Jakarta, Indonesia (the location of the SWG Chair) and directly report to the Marine Policy Manager of CI-Indonesia, and technically/programmatic coordinate with the staff from the CI-CTI Regional and CI-Philippines programs.
- Support to operations and maintenance of WG activities including assisting the Seascapes WG (Chair & Co-Chair), technical leads, countries) in preparing, organizing, and facilitating SWG meetings, , and documents.
- Support to the implementation of CTI-CFF Seascapes suite of activities in the CTI-CFF
Regional Plan of Action, each National Plan of Actions and programmatic and/or projects.
- Represents CI at relevant CTI meetings in Indonesia, including with the Regional CTI SWG, Indonesia CTI National Coordinating Committee and other related groups or agencies
- Coordinate with CI – CTI Regional based in Hawaii.
- Masters in natural resource management, , or related field
- Fluency in both Bahasa Indonesia and English
- Knowledge of marine resource management issues
- Experience in working on multi-national projects
- Proven skill in developing report, guidance, proposal, memo, and minutes
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Strong interpersonal and